Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Phineas

I realize I haven't posted in a while, but that was mainly due to not having anything to say while I waited for my newest boy to ship. He's been a concept of my for something like close to 13 years now and I've finally turned him into a 3D model. (He was the entire reason I wanted an abjd in the first place).

I don't know when I first came up with him, but his earliest use was in 2004 when a friend of mine wanted to troll an HP rpg forum. It didn't exactly work and we ended up with a small core group of characters instead.

One of his first concept drawings


 But every year since then I've either been too poor to buy anything or somebody else has taken his place. He may be the first character I ever created but he's the sixth one to come home. XD

I'm sure he finds it irritating that Riley came home before he did.
I searched and searched and SEARCHED for years to find a sculpt I thought could really pull of his pissy I hate the world and everyone in it. Every time I thought I'd found one, it was either a Limited or a long discontinued and sold out sculpt that I knew I wasn't going to find again. (I have the unfortunate ability to find sculpts that are hugely unpopular for some reason.) So for a while I just gave up entirely.

I stumbled upon Little Monica by complete accident I wasn't expecting to see SD sized dolls. For some reason I'd gotten it in my head that they only sold tinies so I never bothered to pay attention to what they were doing. Even then I wasn't all that convinced, though I really liked Rennone. It wasn't until I did some searching on Flickr that I found Enrill attractive. Little Monica's photo's aren't the best and most of their pictures cover his eyes with his hair. But when I saw what others had been able to do, it was instant connection. Enrill was the one.

Luckily for me I had gotten a nice surprise with my tax return and the second it hit the bank I was scrolling through Little Monica's website. (Along with Alice's Collections for his clothes)

Then came the 2 month wait, sitting patiently on my thumbs for Little Monica to make him. But that time has arrived! After much worrying and freaking out over what the post office was doing with my package, I greeted the mailman barefoot yesterday to grab him before the guy had even opened the back of his truck. He didn't seem all that amused but I really didn't care since I had my package and was now running back to the house to open him.


It was a little scuffed but the box isn't the important thing.



Swag. He also came with a pair of giant 70cm man hands.


And here's my beautiful irritable boy!
Some of the crew making him feel at home.
Bonus.

::As a side note-He did come with the tiniest of chips in the right knee, right in the middle, but it's hardly noticeable and doesn't have anything to do with mobility so I really don't mind it.::

No comments:

Post a Comment